Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Story #1: My daughter eats hot dogs!
You may think, "Of course! What two year old doesn't eat hot dogs?" Well, mine doesn't... didn't... She is quite the picky eater, and yes, some of that is my fault since I have been catering to her every need ;) But I am trying to do better. SO, Sunday night we had brats/hot dogs for dinner. Addie cried and complained and would not touch her hot dog. We explained to her there would be no snacks before bed if she didn't at least try the hot dog, and we left her hot dog on the table just in case she changed her mind. 2 hours later, Addie walks to the kitchen table, grabs her fork and takes a bite of hot dog! One bite = one small achievement :)
So tonight we had burgers on the grill and corn on the cob, and I made Addie another hot dog. She watched me cook it and serve it, and yes, she ate all of her hot dog, even declaring "Yum" after a few bites! One whole hot dog = one large achievement :)

Story #2: "Sunscreen"
At dinner (yes, the same dinner), Brandt and I were into a conversation and not paying attention to Addie. When I looked over at her, this is what I saw... The girl was rubbing her hands in the corn on the cob butter on her plate, wiping them on her legs and neck, smiling mischievously at us, while announcing "sunscreen." What a stinker! Needless to say, we had a good laugh and a bath this evening :)

Story (or fact) #3: Dr. Appt.
I had a doctor appointment today. No progress made. So I'm learning (and trying) to be content while involved in this game of "waiting".
What now? More walking... more sex... ;)

6 comments:

Ana Heeren said...

Haha! That is so funny Steph! Love the stories...i wish i had some advise on how to make pregnancy progress, but unfortunately i have none...:(

natalie eve said...

Seriously - ask the doc to strip your membranes. Hurts like the dickens but exactly 12 hours after my water broke like no one's business. Gallons! I lost 8 lbs between my appt at 4:30 pm the day before and 5:30 am when I went into the hospital - all water! We also had a quickie that night before Allen left for work. So striped membranes & sex! And my friend Anna swears by DQ as well. And if that doesn't work at least you get to keep eating ice cream!:)

Brandt and Steph said...

Too much information, Nat... ha ;)

Anonymous said...

Ewww.... y'all share wayyy too much! I don't know how you can have sex...I was done at like 6 months. Poor Aaron.

natalie eve said...

How was mine TMI, you were the one who brought up sex??!! :)
Plus, you wanna get this baby out right? These are SERIOUSLY GREAT tips!!! :)
Can't wait to see you guys tonight!

Amber - No poor Allen over here. We did it til the very end and I was only not preggers for 7 weeks after Nora was born. How he got so lucky I'll never know :)

Arleigh and Jeff said...

I love your stories!! Those are hilarious. Thinking about you! Hope to see you soon!