Wednesday, July 22, 2009

AHHHHHHHHHH!! Baby boy into the world in about 4 weeks! I'm crazy anxious today :) Excited of course, but scared just the same! Not scared for the labor (yet), but for raising two kids!! I know most of you reading this have two or more and are managing just fine ;) but it's still scary! Like my mother says, I think God made women to carry babies for 9 months on purpose... because I am not nervous for delivery anymore, just really ready to get him out! A month or so ago I would've said I love being pregnant, but that has passed.
Brandt and I celebrate 5 years next Friday, so we have a fun evening planned. I'd like to make it past that at least! Then he has his Fantasy Football Draft on Aug. 15th- so he'd like me to make it past that. But I know this little one will make his appearance when he's ready -- not when we're ready! AHHHHHHHHHH!!

3 comments:

Ana Heeren said...

Yea!!! I am so excited for you...you will have to fill me in on the delivery, as i will have to wait until the next baby to possibly experience it too :) Can't wait to see you Thursday!

margaret said...

I soooo remember that feeling. About a week before I went in to deliver Linus I had a huge rush of nervousness. Going from 1 to 2 is a big step! It wasn't until we walked into the hospital that I got nervous about the delivery.

The best advice I can give is to take the help that people offer after the new one comes. I thought I could do it all, and thought it would reflect badly on me if I accepted help. Your body needs time to heal and get back to normal and that is really hard to do with a newborn AND another one running around. Don't feel bad about taking a nap or letting the laundry pile up.

Love you, girl! I can't wait to meet the newest Sorbel!

Stephanie Balvin said...

I agree with Margaret, take the help! It can be a lot to deal with at first, but I know you will do wonderfully! Don't wait for people to offer help all the time, call them too, people want to help! ;)