Thursday, May 02, 2013

Dear Papa...

 Missing Papa today.  He went to be with the Lord three years ago today.  There are so many things I wish he was a part of still.  I wish he knew our little Izzy.  I wish he could throw Eli up in the air.  I wish he could come watch Addie play soccer.  I wish he could be at our holiday get-togethers, stirring up trouble, making everyone laugh at the dinner table... But he's in a much better place, and for that I am thankful.  I would tell him lots of things if he were still here, but what I want to tell him most of all is how great of a job he did raising his son and what an incredible father Brandt has become :)
Dale, your son is an amazing, loving, compassionate man! 
 You would be so proud to see how he's raising these three kiddos in a godly home!
 And thanks for loving Lynn the way you did... setting a great example of what it means to be a husband.  Brandt is a fantastic one and I am so thankful you gave him to me :)
Miss you today, Papa!  We love you :)

No comments: